About Me

My photo
Too many written poems, short stories, essays, op-eds and columns... Someday, somehow; I'll find the way to organize, collect and post them in this blog... Thanks be to God and I'd became a campus journalist, member of a collegiate official student publication (VOICE), College Editors Guild of the Philippines (CEGP) guilder and an activist... I learned not to write only for myself but for the masses...

Monday, January 3, 2011

Answers

Nothing but accusations…

It is really hard to speak because you do really have to be aware of loopy statements that will surely jeopardize the credibility of your assertion. (I just don’t know if other persons out there have that consideration.) Thanks God, the publication you are now reading is trying to give the best it can to cultivate its nature. I’m talking about VOICE being sensible, credible and responsible. For more than 25 years, we are often fed with complaints from members of the school community of various sorts. It’s a favorable outcome then because it only proves that our labors are being regarded. Nevertheless, there are many provocative impressions. Indeed, we cannot please and convince everybody but at least, despite all the efforts we render; our ideas reached the TIP community. And for now, after all those complaints being thrown to us, it’s time to answer them. I want to clarify things - crystal clear.


The past weeks, we are being scolded by security personnel assigned to Students Center Building (it is where our office is located). Their reason: we stay beyond 9:30pm every MWF and 9:00pm every TTh. We do admit we’re staying up that long but because of some important works (take note: WORKS and not REASONS). But I can fully attest, in behalf of the VOICE staff that we don’t stay longer than the alloted five minutes and after that time, we have to leave. It is only very ridiculous that one of the security guards that is assigned in the building has to use his radio phone telling his superiors "Ayaw umalis ng TIP VOICE". An exaggerated report because it implies that we are resisting to leave OUR office. It seems we are being extra* rebellious, right? The Discipline Office and OSA told me that complaint and I’m thanking, however*, the two offices for listening to our side. I have nothing personal against the Security Office, I know that they are just doing their "commanded"* work, maybe the guards just have to compromise and to use some appropriate words.

"Some VOICE staff is being demanding… they have to consider they are also students." This is another complaint told to me by the OSA. Again, compromise. In every inter-office transaction, we often ask them when they can comply with our transaction. However, it doesn’t imply that we are being demanding. It’s professionalism and business in our part. That complaint perhaps resulted due to pressure. But the so-called pressure is not from the TIP VOICE but from the work that they must accomplish. We do really give too much work to other offices in our institution but it is for the welfare of the school community and our staff. It doesn’t mean that we’re being demanding, just doing our work and I hope those persons that are complaining must do their respective duties also. And foremost, it is the duty and responsibility of every school employee and administrator to serve and give the demands of every student, for the students are the bread and butter of a school, a school can never be a school without students.* In addition, that complaint can also be a result of our question: "Ma’am mga what time po o kailan?" We are only considering their time availability, so as ours. Importantly, we don’t want to disturb them in the middle of their work, neither to come in their office if they are out for a break. Is it more enjoyable to have a coffee break after or whatever kind of leisure after a stressful work? Duty first before pleasure…

When the word radical flits in my ears, it simply annoys me. It is intended for persons whose wisdom and intelligence is being overpowered by their emotions, regardless of the idea they’re fighting for. A radical being is synanimous to a revolutionary person. The accusations against us that we are being radical are only an exaggerated backtalk. We, in the VOICE are peace-lovers. As a matter of fact, one of my Christmas wishes (perhaps my unending desire since time immemorial) is world peace. If ever we are holding extreme political views or advocating thorough change, it doesn’t mean we are being radical. We only love our nation as well as this institution. On my part, I won’t spend so much time and effort just to destroy an academy I’m associated. If I will then so, I see to it I’m not only good at destroying but building anew as well.* I’ll continue to pinpoint problems and give my suggestions so there will be solutions. That is how I show love, and that is true love. If I won’t speak, it only indicates that I don’t care.

Those are the answers for the complaints against us and while making this column, I reallized something VOICE loves its community.


***Hindi makikita sa naunang lathala ng kolumn na ito sa VOICE tomo xxvi bilang tatlo. Inilagay ng may-akda sa blog upang magbigay diin. Itong kolumn na ito ay tugon ng may-akda sa iba’t-ibang empleyado at administrador ng TIP hingil sa mga binabatong aligasyon sa pahayagan. Nariyan nabansagan na aktibista, radikal at subersibo. Hanggang ngayon, nabubuo pa rin sa mga nagparatang ang ganung ideya sa may-akda sampu ng kanyang mga kasamahan. Kung ang paglaban at pagtindig para sa mga naaapi, inaalisan ng tinig at napagkakaitan ng karapatan ay pagiging aktibista, radikal, subersibo at kahit pa rebolusyonaryo ay ikaluluwalhati’t ikakagalak ng may-akda na mabansagan ng mga ganoong taguri.

***From
http://onick-roxas.blog.friendster.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment