About Me

My photo
Too many written poems, short stories, essays, op-eds and columns... Someday, somehow; I'll find the way to organize, collect and post them in this blog... Thanks be to God and I'd became a campus journalist, member of a collegiate official student publication (VOICE), College Editors Guild of the Philippines (CEGP) guilder and an activist... I learned not to write only for myself but for the masses...

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Give me a break!

Somebody struck my head and heart!

The last semester, I became critical of materialistic social values. My concerns governing our country led my cynicisms to burst. Thanks to that “somebody” who calmed a burnt-out. And for now, the columnist would like to share something inspirational (though, I’m not used with this writing style). Nevertheless, I promise to be not so mushy, for being very mushy is no longer cute but stupid.
*****
Every individual has its flag. Raising it up high needs a lot of courage, hope and determination. Aside from those traits, a perfect timing is required so that your emblem could dance and fly high with the wind. However, not all winds can bestow favorable outcome but disaster.
Enough withfl owery metaphors… What’s in a flag and the wind? Hmm… Let’s crack my code.
Let the flag symbolize the aspirations and the winds as trials. Accomplishing a goal is one of the most worth remembering facets of life. Upon fulfillment of that crave comes the feeling of joy despite the obstacles undertaken during your campaign for success.
For my fellow TIPians, we are privileged compared to other youths out there. They want to go to school but because of financial constraints they opted not to pursue their dreams. I’m challenging every student to reach for their goals. Especially, in this historical moment in time when tuition fees can create distressed parents. We have this advantage, we are in academe – learning and constructing the foundations for our future. Remember if the foundation is weak, so as the entirety of the construction. So exploit your assets!
The strong winds will surely test the strength of your foundation and they can cause disaster so it is but needed to take precautions. However, I am competent enough to tell anyone that such catastrophes can toughen an individual.
Carpe diem! Feel the enJOYment of life! See your flag up there!
*****
Believe it or not… I’m one of those many persons who want world peace! After the 9-11 disaster, US-Iraq war, the RP political problems (Whew! It only showed the world what the majority of government offi cials we have – corrupted and drunk with power!), there is another burden for the human race to carry. Massive artilleries once again troubled a nation. When will the war between the Lebanon and Israel cease? I just hope it’s over when this publication reaches the public.
As what I had observed, both parties must learn and know a single word to solve their misunderstanding. I believe this word is not new to them. I’m hundred percent sure that they know its meaning for it is located in their dictionaries. The problem is they don’t know its essence and application. The word LOVE. And when they considered it everythingfi ne will follow.
*****
For the concluded SONA, it is very deliberate that Arroyo is in her stand to push through Charter Change. Again, as what was written in this column a year ago, we’ve had enough of this crap – the circus that is politics. If worse comes to worst, this dance called Cha-Cha will only consist of laws tuned to the administration’s taste. Nevertheless, the promise of Charter Change is not that hard to dismiss as just an act to grandstand another trick to divert our attentions from what is really going on and to make the show pass for another possible solution to our problems. In the first place, no system of laws was ever formed to deter a country from development. The Constitution we have right now is enough; perhaps it’s the way the laws are implemented that should be changed… better yet the people who implement them. Should I say more?
Inasmuch as I want to share my diplomatic thoughts for this issue, I chose to calm down a little and have a break… I’m getting annoyed of the situation Juan dela Cruz is up now. The cancer remains uncured. I’m in a situation controlling my sanity regarding matters because too much critical thinking for undoubtedly corrupted system will drive you nuts. I just can’t imagine how those cruel politicians withstand their business and keep their souls and body intact.


published - Caviler's Ken VOICE 4.1 June-Ausgust 2007 issue
my-not-so left column yet inspirational (?) ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment